NVQ A/503/1170 – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace Overview:
This online NVQ Unit – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace E-Learning course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace. The online NVQ Unit – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace course provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final module will allow you to write in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
This unit covers five areas:
- How to comply with all workplace health, safety and welfare legislation – which covers protective measures, health and safety control equipment, legislation and introduces the different kinds of safety signs that will be present on site. It also covers how workplaces can ensure compliance by implementing various control measures.
- How to recognise hazards associated with the workplace that have not been previously controlled and report them in a way that meets organisational procedures – this module covers common causes of injuries in the workplace along with some of the health hazards found on site. It also looks at how changes in work conditions can affect the site’s safety and how such changes should be reported.
- How to comply with organisational policies and procedures to contribute to health, safety and welfare – this module covers how emergencies and other incidents should be dealt with according to policies and procedures. It also covers Fire Risks and hazards and how to choose appropriate extinguishers to tackle them. The module finishes off by discussing reporting and feedback and how this can affect future planning.
- How to work responsibly to contribute to workplace health, safety and welfare – this module covers the main reasons why workers should perform their duties responsibly and in a way that protects the environment.
- How to comply with, and support, all organisational security arrangements and approved procedures – this module covers personal security arrangements as well as measures that can be taken to ensure site security.
NVQ Unit – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace Target Audience
As this NVQ Unit – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace course can be used as part of several Level 2 NVQ courses it is aimed at anyone taking one of those courses.
NVQ Unit – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace Advantages
Completing the knowledge components of your NVQ unit online will mean you’ll spend less time in a classroom and can spend more time on-site completing the practical elements of your NVQ studies.
Online training is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time to fit the training in around their work and personal life.
Duration of the course
NVQ Unit – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace Modules
Complying with Legislation
Recognising Hazards in the Workplace
Complying with Policies and Procedures
Security Arrangements and Procedures
NVQ Unit – Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
NVQ Unit – Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
NVQ Unit – Erecting and Dismantling Working Platforms
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Brought to you by The Right Online Course Company, a not for profit organisation.