Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes Online Course
This course explains, in brief, why fires occur and what actions you must take to help prevent them starting and the actions you must take when they do. By completing this course you will be making your workplace a safer environment.
This course is a variation on the Basic Fire Awareness course that contains information that is specific to employees of care and residential homes.
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
- The importance of understanding how fires start and spread.
- The actions that should be taken on discovering a fire or on hearing a fire alarm.
- The use of Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) and the appointment of buddies.
Our online fire safety training course are aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire in a care home environment
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings such as care homes
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers, which and how to use.
- What to do in Cases of Fire?
This course covers the same content as the Basic Fire Safety course with additional content tailored specifically for employees that work in care homes.