This preparation course is for construction workers and candidates who have completed or about to take their Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course and want to prepare for the touch screen test, or for those who are renewing their CSCS Cards and are required to re-take the test provided by CITB at a Pearson’s Vue centre commonly known as the “CSCS Touch Screen Test” but officially known as the ‘CITB Health Safety and Environment Test‘
The course reviews the key learning objectives of the Level 1 course including:
- Accident Reporting, to who, why and how.
- Environmental Awareness, more than ever it’s time to be green.
- Health and Welfare facilities, toilets canteens and changing rooms.
- Fire safety – extinguishers, emergency procedures, exit and signage.
- PPE – Personal Protection Equipment the difference between clothing and equipment.
- Hazardous substances – COSHH and the dangers of chemicals such as paint thinners.
This course concludes with a 50 question test that has been produced in the style of the touch screen test, it covers the same areas of questions and subjects and has been approved to be a valuable resource.
This course can help you to prepare for the CITB touch screen test as it will give you a refresher on all the key learning objectives along with giving you a chance to answer questions that are presented in a similar style to those in the actual test.
- 1 General Responsibilities
- 2 Accident Reporting and Recording
- 3 First Aid and Emergency Procedures
- 4 Personal Protective Equipment
- 5 Environmental Awareness and Waste Control
- 6 Dust and Fumes (Respiratory Hazards)
- 7 Noise and Vibration
- 8 Health and Welfare
- 9 Manual Handling
- 10 Safety Warning Signs
- 11 Fire Prevention and Control
- 12 Electrical Safety, Tools and Equipment
- 13 Site Transport Safety and Lifting Operations
- 14 Working at Height
- 15 Excavations and Confined Spaces
- 16 Hazardous Substances
Followed by a Mock Test