Go to the full Card Types list


This card is valid for five years and cannot be renewed. Cardholders are expected to complete their qualification by the time the card expires and apply for a skilled CSCS card.

This temporary card is available if you are a trainee and registered to complete a construction related qualification. The qualification may be vocational, academic or professional, but must be acceptable for a skilled CSCS card.

Applicants must also have passed the Operative level CITB Health, Safety and Environment test within the last 2 years.

More information about the types of qualifications CSCS accepts can be found on the CSCS qualifications webpage.

Trainee card applicants must be able to provide proof of registration onto their qualification. As a minimum, you are required to provide evidence from your University, Professional Body or qualification’s awarding body that includes:

Applicant’s Full Name

Full qualification title of the course you are registered to, including level if relevant.

Date of registration proof required for;

  • Vocational Qualifications (i.e. NVQ or SVQ) must be in the last two years.
  • Academic qualifications (i.e. Degree, HND or HNC) must be in the last five years. This is due to the difference in length of time to achieving this qualification.

The quickest and most convenient way to apply for a CSCS card is via our application service.